Sunday, March 11, 2012

Someone Worth Dying For


For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  John 3:16

If you have been reading this blog for any length of time, you have already figured out that rarely will I pull a punch.  I do not attempt to soften the blow, I deliver the truth - point blank, it is part my personality, but more it is because too many who call themselves Christians will not. Too many just want to be liked, they want to be tolerant, understanding, they want to be popular. 

This post is no difference, I will not pull my punch or soften the blow, here is the simple truth… You do not have to look very deep into the pages of the bible to realize that those who choose God’s way often are not the most popular people around, that applies to Jesus himself.  Rather what you find is a book filled with wicked and sinful people, that regardless of how much God does, their very nature is to turn from the light and embrace the dark.  Nothing has changed, we are the same.   

This is why so many people have such a difficult time truly understanding John 3:16.  How could God so love someone like me that He would send his only son to die a horrible death in my place?  How could Jesus think I was worth going through all that he had to? No maybe others, but not me, I am not worth it….. That is what we tell ourselves.   

When the truth is: God loves you so much that he sent His son to die for YOU, that you are someone worth dying for.   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  John 3:16 (believe means to obey, to follow, it is not just an intellectual acceptance of an idea, but it begins with accepting the idea).



Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.  1 Peter 5:6-7


No comments:

Post a Comment