To end your week, just a list of the top ten church bulletin bloopers of the week, because you have to be able to laugh at yourself.
10. The Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
9. Miss Charlene Mason sang 'I will not pass this way again,' giving obvious pleasure to the congregation
8. The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been canceled due to a conflict.
7. For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
6. Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
5. Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
4. At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What Is Hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice.
3. This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
2. Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
And the number 1 church bulletin blooper of the week is:
1. The sermon this morning: 'Jesus Walks on the Water.' The sermon tonight: 'Searching for Jesus.'